Position sensors with contact technology
For over 40 years, the CSA Business Unit at Exxelia Technologies has been developing potentiometric sensors for civil and spatial applications and for the defense sector. The CSA Business Unit at Exxelia Technologies has special knowhow in the three basic manufacturing techniques used to produce potentiometer sensor tracks:
- conductive film technology,
- wirewound technology,
- hybrid technology.
Apart from the different technologies used, these potentiometers break down into several families:
- rotary potentiometers(for copying positions or driving rotary systems),
- single-turn or multi-turn potentiometers
- pancake potentiometers (monobloc with a mobile “wiper” part inseparable from the shaft and no ball bearings),
- linear motion potentiometers(for copying positions or driving systems with linear translation motion),
- digital potentiometers (equipped with an analog-digital converter –> 18 bits),
- rotary switches providing discrete signals on multiple bits and used for example to define angular sectors (used to set limits for security sectors when mounted on weapon station slip rings).
Applications: Space, Telecommunications, Transportation-Rail, Oil exploration, Medical, Aeronautics, Defense