Modules and sub-assemblies
Internationally acknowledged as a manufacturer of leading-edge electronic components, Exxelia Group can also deploy its unique know-how in the electromechanical design of assembly modules to offer its customers global solutions.
Based on our current product range, dedicated mainly to the fields of aeronautics, space, medicine, rail and defense, we are able to offer comprehensive functions that optimally embody our own capacitors.
We also have the capability to adapt to all types of casing, connection and fixturing materials; flexibility is one of our watchwords.
The Design and Development departments at Exxelia Group focus on offering modules and sub-assemblies that embody increasingly complex, high-performance functions to optimize and simplify integration for our customers.
Our recent projects have included:
- rotating systems combining slip rings, fiber optic rotating joints, hyperfrequency rotating joints, and optical encoders,
- modules with built-in capacitors,
- voltage multipliers (e.g.: photomultiplier applications), from single components to modules,
- filters (EMC and signals) by integration, molding or by associating selfs and capacitors in customer-specific volumes and connections,
- electromagnet elements integrated into machined cast parts, with added mechanisms and cables to deliver a complete electromagnet; stator elements with insertion and clamping in a machined mechanical body,
- assemblies with micromechanical, electrotechnical, electronic technologies, cables and connectors made to customer specifications,
- integrated electronic boards,
Our Module offering is based on our technological know-how and on the identification of functions that can be standardized, are easy to swap and assemble,… Examples include:
- for magnetic components, the development of a TT technology module in which a common-mode self and two differential-mode selfs can be positioned in the same format,
- the development of 1-channel, 4-channel modules for DSL filters, etc.,
- we also produce outsourced modules to customer specs by assembling several components on the same PCB or on a connection grid, with or without over-molding. For example:
- over-molded varistor module,
- voltage multiplier module with capacitors and diodes,
- module or capacitor blocks for dedicated applications.
- for power electronics we harness the knowhow from across the Exxelia Group Business Units to build passive and active (diode) components into a “power block” module in order to optimize function, performance and cost.
Our modules and sub-assembles have a wide range of applications. Please get in touch for full information.